• Arrange for a valuation. Palmer Auctioneers would be delighted to carry out a free, no obligation, appraisal of your property.
• Confirm the particulars of the sale with your agent and sign a PSRA (Property Services Regulatory Authority) agreement (legal requirement).
• Arrange for a BER (Building Energy Rating). If you wish we can arrange this for you.
• Appoint / inform your solicitor that you intend to sell your property. Your solicitor will need to draft the sale contract.
• Notify whoever holds the deeds (generally your solicitor / financial institution) that you intend to place your property for sale.
No two sales are the same and there are a number of variables but a typical sale will take 6-8 weeks to close.
- Solicitor fees.
- Additional marketing costs such as newspaper / media advertising (if required and always agreed in advance with the client).
The deposit is really a gesture of good faith on the part of the purchaser and is fully refundable at any stage until the contracts for the sale of the property are signed and exchanged.